Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

One on One: Tracey Bregman


So let me tell you, some of you may already know that I'm a huge Y&R fan... have been for years. My dad has been watching the show for over 30 years. I can remember watching when I was a little guy at home with Dad and Mom. Which brings me to this week's One On One. I was over the moon excited when Tracey said she would love to take part in this. I absolutely love talking with her she is so kind and down-to-earth. I love her character on the show, well who doesn't love Michael and Lauren... I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did. If you're a soap fan I'm sure you will. The recipe is just delicious!!! You will have to try this one for sure..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Day Tracey...
I can't thank you enough for taking some time from your busy.. Busy.. Busy day to take part in my "One On One" page on my blog. So let's get started shall we..

Chef D: You have been in the business for a long time.. TV, Movies, You have a line of jewelry out, When do you ever sleep? Do you have any upcoming projects in the works that you can share with us? 

Tracey: I do! I have a movie coming out called "Misogynist" I have a cameo roll. I continue to design the Tracey Bregman Collection for The Shopping Channel in Canada and am launching PAIX Couture (PEACE) in the next couple weeks and then PAIX- a low priced line debuts Spring 2014 nationally and Internationally.

Chef D: It's always fun to find out something new about someone you have watched on TV for years. Is there something that maybe Y&R fans don't know about Tracey Bregman.. 

Tracey: I just started to learn to ride Dressage!

Chef D: Is there someone that you looked up to before you started your career that helped you decide on what you do today? 

Tracey: No but my parents were in the business so I grew up learning behind the scenes. I've been in edit bays til dawn,network meetings and sets all over the world with my mom and dad. It was the best kind of education

Chef D: From following a lot of the cast of Y&R on twitter it looks like you all are very close and are family. Is there practical jokes played on each other and do you partake on these jokes... If so can you share some jokes that are played on the set or behind the scenes. 



Tracey: The practical joke years are all pretty much behind us except for CERTAIN cast and crew members who like to steal iPhones and post interesting posts on our Facebook pages!

Chef D: And lastly when you are home from your crazy, busy schedule is there a dish that you prepare for the family that is an absolute, knock-out-of-the-park, home run. Can you share the recipe with us? 

Tracey: I''ll be honest, not only am I a gluten free vegetarian but I'm not hungry for dinner. I eat very lightly because I'm hungry all day! I could eat a little salad or apple and be fine. My two sons, Austin and Landon and boyfriend, Aaron need food so luckily Aaron is a fantastic cook. He handles dinner, although I'm good at roasting vegetables. I'm good at large parties like Thanksgiving and christmas where I cop for up to 60 people!

----------------------------------------

Thank you again Trac... You are so sweet for doing this. Love you bunches 4ever
Derek xoxo..





Follow Tracey on Twitter and Instagram and check out her website


---------------------------------------------------------------




Southwestern Roasted Vegetables

Serves: 6

Ingredients

4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes (yams), cut in 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into small chunks
1 small red onion, cut into small chunks
1 6-ounce package portabella mushroom slices, halved
1 1/2 cups of Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix

Preparation

Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil.
In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, zucchini, onion, sprouts and mushrooms. Toss with olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and spread vegetables on baking sheet.
Bake 40 minutes, shaking pan every 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and roasted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharing this one with Amy - hope i get to t try it soon

Unknown said...

So how did Amy like the recipe Jay?

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10