Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

One on One: Carnie Wilson

I'm so very excited about this new addition to my blog. The idea came to me about a week ago. I thought "I'm on Twitter all the time talking to celebrities so why not take it to my blog as well?" So that's what I did. And this is how "One On One" is going to work. I talk to my Twitter celebrity friends, I ask them five questions about themselves, their family and career, and also get a dish they make at home that is a huge success and share the recipe with us here. I'm thrilled to have my very first guest be someone I have been a fan for for a long time! I love talking with her daily on Twitter and she is so funny! I just love and admire her tremendously. When I asked if she would take part in "One On One" she jumped on board immediately.Please welcome the one and only Carnie Wilson:



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chef D: I know you're touring right now and your schedule is busy. How do you fit in family time when you're on the road travelling a lot?

Carnie: Family time is everyday I'm home. I always make sure I hug and hold my children tons everyday. I read with them, sing and cook with them. My family is my life. We are always getting together with my mom and sister Wendy & her family. Spending more time with my Dad and Melinda too. I'm grateful everyday for my family,friends, my sobriety and my fans.... It's mutual though, I'm not a star, I'm a people person.  Xoxo!!

Chef D: Any upcoming projects for you and Wilson Phillips?



Carnie: I'm trying to lock in a few different TV jobs. But we are always touring each month. Always praying for a seat at "The Talk" and a cooking show.

Chef D: Is there a country or city that you have never visited that you would like to go for vacation or tour with Wilson Phillips?

Carnie: Hawaii and Greece.... God get us there!!!!

Chef D: You, Chynna and Wendy have been together forever & a lifetime. Is there a lot of practical jokes played amongst yourselves? Can you share a story..

Carnie:  We don't play practical jokes. But we love to send naughty and twisted texts to each other while we're on the road. It's really fun, and we're crazy!!  Lol..

Chef D: What is the one dish you make at home that is always a hit? Can you share the recipe with us..

Carnie:  I make a Lemon Chicken at least twice a week. The kids both love it. Luci loves Salmon but Lola doesn't. So we can always have happy plates with the chicken dish.
I just sauté thin pieces of chicken breast cut in chunks in butter and or oil. Lots of fresh lemon, pink salt, paprika and garlic powder. It's that easy!!!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to thank Carnie for being part of "One on One".  It truly is a gift to have such a legend here on my blog. It is such a blessing having you as a Twitter friend. Hope to see you again in the near future. Please send my love to Chy & Wendy. Much love to you and your blessed family xoxo!!





Here is my take on Carnie's Lemon Chicken. I hope I make it as well as yours...

LEMON CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1 pound total), cut into thin strips
1/8 teaspoon pink salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp paprika
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
3 medium lemons for juice
2 tsp garlic powder

PREPARATION:
Cut chicken breast into think strips, in sauté pan heat butter and oil add chicken. Season with pink salt, pepper and paprika and garlic powder. Cook chicken until meat is golden brown and runs clear juices. Add the juice of the 3 lemons just before chicken is done. Transfer to platter and garnish with lemon and parsley..

TIPS & NOTES
Make Ahead Tip:
Pink salt can be found in Whole Foods markets.

NUTRITION
Nutrition Per Serving: 219 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 1 g fiber; 200 mg sodium; 376 mg potassium.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10