Pages

Saturday 19 October 2013

One on One: Eileen Davidson


This week's One On One is just amazing!! I wanted to post this as soon as I finished talking with Eileen. I have been a fan of Eileen's for many years, too many to count! I'm sure a lot of the readers are as well.

 But since joining twitter, I now get to talk with Eileen all the time which is always fun. She is so down-to-earth and kind. So to say that I'm excited about this week's One On One is not half of it. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do...



-----------------------------------------
Chef D: I always ask who I talk to on One on One this question... Do you have any upcoming projects in works, it's always fun to hear what's coming

Eileen: I don't have any upcoming projects. I am taking a break. However I will be on Y and r for a couple of episodes here & there


Chef D: Being in business for as long as you have how did it start for you? What was your very first TV appearance? And soap fans want to know as well
Will Ashley be heading back to Genoa City?? You're missed on the show Eileen..

Eileen: I did a hair shampoo commercial. my first tv gig and I also was an extra in a tv movie with Ange Dickinson and was background in "the Rose"

Chef D: You pretty much have done everything in your career. TV, movie, written books and the list goes on, is there something that you haven't Done that you may in the near future do. And with such busy schedule how do you fit in family time?

Eileen: My family is my priority so I juggle things to be able to cook and do homework. I am not working now so I have lots of time for both!

Chef D: Is there a actor or actress that you have not had the chance to work with but would love to, and with the books you've written r there plans to  turn one of them into a TV or big screen movie? That would awesome!!!

Eileen: There are so many fine actors I'd love to work with. But seeing Robin Williams back on TV.. wow that would be FUN to work with him! No plans to do anything with my books but you never know!

Chef D: And lastly my absolute favorite question. When you are at home with your family. What is the one meal you all love and can u share the recipe

For years I've been making chicken breast in egg/Panko crumbs w/ Mozzarella cheese. I also just started making fresh diced tomatoes from r garden, mozz & fresh basil tossed w/ olive oil & garlic over shell pasta. DELICIOUS!
------------------------------------------------------


Panko Breaded Baked Chicken w/Mozzarella
Serves: 4

Ingredients:

4 chicken breast
4 eggs
Kikkoman panko bread crumbs
8 slices of Mozzarella
Italian seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Zesty tomato sauce (Optional)

Method:

Preheat oven to 375' to 400'
Beat the eggs
Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and Italian spice
Dredge the chicken into the egg and then then into breadcrumb mixture.
Bake on a tray with parchment paper  for 25 minutes (or until the juices of the chicken run clear and the internal temp is 165' add the sliced cheese to the chicken breast right at the end just before taking out of the oven.

Serving with Tomato is another option.

----------------------------------------------------------
 

Shell Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Fresh Mozzarella

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

12oz mini shells pasta
1 pound cherry tomatoes
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella balls
1/3 cup fresh basil
1/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 cloves of garlic

Directions:

Start by boiling the pasta so it won't be so hot that it melts your cheese balls.

The only tip I have for boiling pasta is to make sure that you season the water with salt. Apart from that, it's just a matter of cooking the noodles to your personal preference. I prefer al dente in my house. I cooked these shells for exactly 8 minutes, drained them. Cut the tomatoes and Mozzarella balls in half, Chop basil and garlic. Sauté the tomatoes with garlic and Olive oil. just to heat through add mozzarella and basil.   Add to pasta noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again to Eileen for taking time out of her busy schedule to take part in One on One xoxo




Follow Eileen on Twitter and check out her website!


 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great interview Derek.

Mom is a big fan of Eileen's and OneOnOne and will try her recipe for sure:^)

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10