Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

One on One: Mitch Goudy



This weeks One on One is with country music singer/songwriter Mitch Goudy. His album "Wild" is out and available in iTunes. "Blow These Speakers Out" is playing radio stations nationwide. His voice is very recognizable and his music is unbelievable!! From talking with Mitch you can tell he was raised in a close-knit family and I admire that a lot!

------------------------------------------
Chef D: Have you always wanted to a country singer? How did your career start.. When was you're first big break?

Mitch: I've been around country music my entire life! It started when I was around 3 years old, my Dad was the sound man at a local 1/2 mile dirt track and he would take me to do sound check which eventually turned into me singing during hot laps. I started by writing a lot of songs and practicing insane amounts of time. Then I started going out and playing at open mic nights along with coffee shops and any opportunity I could get my hands on. One thing lead to another and here I am still chasing and striving for more.


 
Chef D: Are you working on any upcoming projects that you can share with the readers? Is there something about Mitch Goudy that your fans don't know about you, that you can tell us today?

Mitch: I am going to be hitting the studio in March for some new music, can't tell you everything but there is new music coming out and I am so jacked. Something my fans don't know about me. I'm a very cheesy guy, if there is an opportunity to be a hopeless romantic, I take it. Roses, Tailgate dates, yeah, a bit ridiculous.

Chef D: Who inspired you to become who you are today? Do you have family in the business, and who is the most memorable artist you have worked with, and who do you hope to work with in the near future?

Mitch: Oh so many people inspired me. My family is a huge part of who I am today. My manager is really who taught me to believe in myself and pushed me to become better and I am so thankful for that.  I hope someday I get to do a show with Garth Brooks, its a long shot but hey, whats wrong with a crazy dream?

Chef D: What are the most important lessons you have learned in your life?

Mitch: Stay humble, but never stop trying to achieve more. I like to live by quotes and verses, and the ones I'm repeating lately are, "Don't start something, finish something" and "You get what you give."

Chef D: When at home with your family, what is the one dish you all enjoy having together? Can you share the recipe with the readers?

Mitch: I actually have a recipe my Grandma created just for me. Its called "Oh Grandma" Stew, my Grandma used to cook it for me every time I went back to the farm. Here ya go, the secret recipe!
-------------------------------------------

2lbs Ground Beef
1 Bay Leaf
4 cups of water
1 cup cabbage chopped
1/2 cup of carrots diced
1/2 cup of celery chopped
2 cups of potatoes diced
Cornstarch
2 cups of tomatoes (25 oz can)
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 medium onion chopped

Brown beef on onion lightly; add water and bay leaf. Simmer for 1 hour (important). Add all vegetables and sugar; cook on medium low. Stir frequently until vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix corn starch with small amount of water; stir into stew until liquid thickens. May use ketchup or my Grandson Mitch loves to put cottage cheese in it.

There ya have it, "Oh Grandma" Stew. My favorite.
---------------------------------------
Thanks again to Mitch for taking part in this week's One on One!
 


 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10