Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

One on One: Tony Hawk


This week's One on One is with legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk. I hope you all enjoy! I, for one, was pretty excited that he agreed to take part!

-------------------------
Chef D: How did your career in skateboarding start? Did you have another career in mind if this didn't go as planned? And was there someone  you looked upto and admired that lead you into the career you have today?


Tony: I started because my older brother skated, and he gave me his old board. I started skating with friends in my neighborhood & local skatepark. My only plan at the time (age 10) was to become a math teacher. I was always good at mathematics, and helped all of my friends with homework. I admired Eddie Elguera growing up because he was always making up new tricks. That's all I ever wanted to do; learn new tricks.


Chef D: Are you working on any upcoming projects that you can share with us.. And is there someone that you haven't worked with but would love to?

Tony: I am currently working on a new videogame but I can't give any details yet. Other than that, I've been shooting a lot of tvideo lately.

Chef D: You do incredible philanthropy work in giving back to community it's just incredible. How did that come about? And are you working on Something big with regards to charity work?

Tony: The best thing I can do with my success is give back to the communities that made this dream possible. Providing public skateparks is my way
I am going to Cambodia next week to visit charity projects on behalf of Starkey Foundation, Cambodia Children's Fund and Skateistan.

Chef D: Is there something about Tony Hawk that your fans don't know about you that you can share??

Tony: I gave up a playing violin (successfully, at a young age) to start skating. I wish I could still play.

Chef D: And finally when at home What is the one dish or recipe you love to make? Can you share with us that dish...

Tony: I can make an egg & cheese bagel in 2 minutes. My kids love it and it gets us out of the door fast in the morning.
---------------------------------------

Scrambled Egg and Sharp Cheese Bagel

Serves: 2

Ingredients

1 1/2oz reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 ozs bagel (split and toasted)
1 large egg
1 salt
1 dash black pepper (freshly ground)
1 tsp butter

Directions:
Place 1 cheese slice on cut side of each bagel half. Combine egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook, without stirring, until mixture sets on bottom. Draw a spatula across bottom of pan to form curds. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until egg mixture is thickened but still moist. Immediately spoon half of egg over cheese on each bagel half.
You can always add bacon, sausage patty, or smoked salmon to pimp your bagel with more goodness. Also use your favorite type of bagel. A fast fun recipe that is so simple to make but delicious at the same time.
---------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks again to Tony for taking part in One on One!
 
Tony Hawk's Links:
Facebook
Official Site
Tony's Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/ridechannel

Tony's Clothing Line:

http://www.kohls.com/feature/tonyhawk.jsp

Tony's Skateboards:

http://birdhouseskateboards.com/site/

Stand Up for Skateparks Event:
http://standupforskateparks.org/
Boom Boom Huck Jam Tour:
 
http://www.boomboomhuckjam.com/bbhjhistory.html
 

Tony Hawk Foundation:
http://www.tonyhawkfoundation.org/
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10