Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

One on One: Ruby Rodriguez

 

I can't tell you enough how excited I am about this week's One on One. I have been a fan of Ruby Rodriguez since the first time I watched Eat Bulaga. She is a absolute joy to watch on TV. She's such a great actress and so funny!!! But what I love most is she's down-to-earth and a great person to talk to. I'm so looking forward to going back to the Philippines to see her again.
 
--------------------------------------------------------
Chef D: Have you always been in show business, and what was your very first big break?

Ruby: I started as a pre school teacher. My very first showbiz appearance was in a movie with Maricel Soriano, Roderick Paulate , and Abby Concepcion The title is Gorio en Tekla.

Chef D: On Eat Bulaga the cast along with yourself looks like your always joking around and playing practical jokes on each other. Does this happen on set?




Ruby: Practical jokes??? No I do not on the contrary my EB co host always does the joke on me! They love putting crazy stuff in my bag.Like forks, knife and they hide other people cellphone in it too. They use my bag as
 
a cabinet lol

 
Chef D: Do your children have any interest in following your footsteps and becoming a actor/actress?
 


Ruby: Hmmmm I think Toni is too but she is seriously thinking taking up law. aj no idea yet

Chef D: Are you working on any upcoming projects that you can share with us?


Ruby: I still dont have anything big upcoming though i have been doing GMA regional shows and a lot of corporate events.

Chef D: And finally when you and your family are at home what dish is your family favorite that you prepare?

Ruby: Well as u can see Im the one who loves to eat! My hubby does the cooking and I do the handyman stuff.



-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lechon Batchoy
Serves: 6 to 8

Ingredients:

1 kilo of Canton noodles
½ kilo of pork
½ kilo of pork liver chopped
2 raw eggs
4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of spring onions (chopped)
1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
2 cups of Chicharon (crushed)
2 heads of garlic (crushed)
15 cups of water

Method:

In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic until golden brown. Set aside.
In a pot, boil water. Add pepper and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the pork. Simmer until the pork is cooked.
Add the liver and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the Sauteed garlic, Canton noodles and raw egg.
 Stir a little and simmer until the noodles are cooked.
Scatter spring onions and Chicharon over the noodles when serving.
--------------------------------------------------
Thanks again to Ruby for taking time out of her busy schedule to participate in One on One! I really appreciate it xoxo

---------

Ruby's Twitter
Ruby's Instagram

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10