Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

One on One: Matt Cermanski






This week's One On One is with singer/songwriter Matt Cermanski. Singing from a early age, growing up in Phoenixville,PA. Teaching himself how to play guitar, playing numerous popular venues and writing songs including the single "Chapter One" which was recorded by the Grammy award winning band The Trammps, it's all the makings of a true music superstar. I became a fan instantly after hearing and watching Matt for the first time on "The Voice" and was excited to see that Matt was part of Team Levine. It's just amazing to finally get the chance to talk with Matt and have him share a little more about himself!
 
 -----------------------

Chef D:  How old were you when you started singing? Can you remember the very first song you sang? Who inspired you to become who you are today? Do you have other family members in the music business as well...

Matt: I must have been 3 or 4 when I started singing, I had wrote a song about dolphins swimming in the ocean. There's a video of me singing it in my pajamas. it's a terrible song and I'm pretty sure I was making it up as I went. I have always been drawn to music, and I think it's because I have a really musical family. My father was a singer in a rock band. He really got me into music. My uncle is also the keyboard player for The Trammps. Who recorded the smash hit "Burn Baby Burn (Disco Inferno)"
 
Chef D: When writing your music, does it come to you right away, and what comes first normally the lyrics or the Melody? also when writing your music do you like to have a story or
Message in your songs?

Matt: I think each song is a different process. Sometimes ill be sitting there with a guitar and it flows out, but usually I'm in the shower that's where all the melodies come for some reason. The lyrics I always want to make meaningful and have a message for them. 

Chef D: Are you working on any upcoming projects that you can share with your fans... Do you have a singer or band that you wish to work with in the near future? Also a dream venue and city or country you hope to play as well..

Matt: I'm working on a new EP that I am really excited about. I'm gonna be recording it in a few weeks! Expect the music later this year. 

Chef D: Besides singing and songwriting, so you do any charity work?

Matt: I actually like to incorporate my performing into charity work. I've had the pleasure of playing at the JDRF walk in Philadelphia at the art museum the last 3 years.  

Chef D: And finally when at home with your family do you have a favorite dish that you can share. I would love to have the recipe for the readers and fans.
 
Matt:
------------------------- 
 

POLISH EASTER BREAD

SUPPLIES
8- 9X5 loaf pans
Large pot
2-mixing bowls

INGREDIENTS

6 cups of milk
3/4 cup water
2 sticks of butter
3 1/2 cups of sugar
10 eggs
3 packs of rapid rise yeast
pinch of salt 1 large box of golden raisens
5 pounds of flour

DIRECTIONS

In large pot scald milk
add butter
add sugar and salt
let mixture cool
In separate bowl add 3/4 cup warm water to yeast (set aside to rise)
beat eggs and add to cooled milk mixture
add yeast to milk mixture
slowly stir in 5 pounds of flour (do not sift)
stir in raisins
grease pans with butter (sides and bottom)
place mixture in greased bread pans- only fill about 1/3 of pan (bread will rise)
set aside for about 30-60 minutes to rise
preheat oven to 350 and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and bread is golden brown on top. (allow more time for large pans less for small)
Makes approximately 8- 9x5 loaves
------------------


A big thank you to Matt for taking part in this week's One on One!

Matt's Twitter
Matt's Facebook
Matt's Website
Matt's Instagram
Check out his music on iTunes!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10