Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

One on One: Annie Pattison



I'm thrilled to be sharing this week's One on One with you all.. Annie Pattison is so amazingly talented. To date Annie is the youngest person ever to be given a starring role in the Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show. At 9 yrs old she wowed the crowd with her incredible voice, and won the hearts of many. She has a huge list of accomplishments that are very impressive, so to have Annie take part in One on One is such a great pleasure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef D: Can you tell the readers a little bit about yourself? Have you always wanted to be a singer, actor, so you have interests in other professions?

Annie: I had dreamed of being Sandra Dee from the Movie Grease. She was pretty, a great singer and actor, but also very nice. This started me singing Grease songs on Karaoke when I was three on a stage. Soon after that I was being asked to sing at other events and festivals. When I was 8, I landed the lead theatre role in the Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show. For 11 nights we performed live in front of over
25,000 people each night.  It was the coolest show ever. So now I had huge interests in singing and acting,I also wanted to learn how to play the piano and guitar, so took lessons and studied music theory so now can learn just about any song in a short time.



                                         

Chef D: Who are your Heroes? Who is inspired you to become who are you are today?

Annie: My number one Hero is Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars. Both seem to have it together and have made some amazing music. My style is kinda a bit of both these artists.

Chef D: What's the side of you the public never sees? can you share with us something that your fans may not know about you...

Annie: I love animals/insects of all kinds. I am very attached to my two dogs Angel and Layla. When I come home from singing/acting at night Layla and Angel are always there smiling for me. I do like to sleep in if I can. My favorite food is Chicken Strips and lots of Ketchup

Chef D: What's the magic formula for success? How hard do you push yourself? Do you do any volunteer work?

Annie: I volunteer for many charities for the homeless, Children's hospital, and missing children society. I also sing at about 30 events this past year for charities.
about 6 years ago I got to sing for the Calgary Stampeders football team. This turned into a full time job with the NHL Calgary Flames, Hitmen,  NLL Roughnecks, and 100's of event they have at the Saddle dome. Like tomorrow is the Flames Alumni Charity game/diner, Thursday NHL Flames game and after the game have a charity to sing a set, Friday back to the Dome for Hitmen game and charity set, and Saturday the Roughneck NNL La cross. I try my best to never say "No" when offered a chance to perform. I get so much help from my family that it becomes fun.

Chef D: Are you working on any upcoming projects that you can share with your fans?

Annie: Well I am now working with my good friend Brandon Watson, whom is just incredible. We are working on several projects to be announce in the future. If I have time this year I  would like to be involved in the Calgary Stampede and at the Big Valley Jamboree. In between all this I am starting to play coffee houses, at school. I have a 95% average and am involved in Drama.

Chef D: When at home with your family, what is the one dish your family loves to have? Can you share the recipe with us today?
----------------------
Annie: My favorite dish is rather simple. Some thin beef ribs, marinated with mama sita's BBQ sauce mixed with peanut butter. Let them marinate for at least 4 hours and BBQ turning often. Serve with rice, veggies and bread.

----------------------------------------------------------
 Thanks again to Annie for taking part in this week's One on One!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've know any now for a year and a half through various acting classes we've been in together. We are booked to appear in a feature film together shooting in L.A. shortly. Annie is a dear friend and has such incredible talent. So glad to know her :^-P)

Unknown said...

i am really impressed, and amazed of this talent!

Unknown said...

i am really impressed and amazed of this talent!

Post a Comment

 
01 09 10